James Hardie posts 15 pct sales growth, sees U.S. construction improvement
SYDNEY May 22 (Reuters) - James Hardie Industries Plc , the world's biggest fibre cement products maker, said on Thursday it expects the U.S. housing construction market to improve as it posted a 15 percent jump in fourth quarter sales.
Sales were $376.4 million for the three months to March 31, compared to $326.8 million for the same period the previous year.
The company's net operating loss for the quarter grew to $186.8 million from $69.5 million a year earlier because of an increase in asbestos adjustments.
(Reporting By Byron Kaye; Editing by Diane Craft)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters demand leader steps down |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border