James Hardie posts 15 pct sales growth, sees U.S. construction improvement
SYDNEY May 22 (Reuters) - James Hardie Industries Plc , the world's biggest fibre cement products maker, said on Thursday it expects the U.S. housing construction market to improve as it posted a 15 percent jump in fourth quarter sales.
Sales were $376.4 million for the three months to March 31, compared to $326.8 million for the same period the previous year.
The company's net operating loss for the quarter grew to $186.8 million from $69.5 million a year earlier because of an increase in asbestos adjustments.
(Reporting By Byron Kaye; Editing by Diane Craft)
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison
- Australia police kill 'terror suspect' after two officers stabbed
- Dr. Dre is king of hip hop with $620 million in earnings -Forbes