Exxon boosts Permian Basin assets through swap deal with LINN
May 21 (Reuters) - Exxon Mobil Corp said it acquired additional properties in the Permian Basin of Texas in an asset swap deal with LINN Energy LLC.
Exxon will transfer its portion of the Hugoton gas field in Kansas and Oklahoma to LINN as part of the deal.
Exxon said its unit XTO Energy Inc will manage the newly acquired 26,000 acres.
The Hugoton Field portion produces about 85 million cubic feet of natural gas and natural gas liquids per day, LINN said in a separate statement.
The acquisition will increase Exxon's position in the Midland basin of Wolfcamp acreage to about 100,000 net acres, the company said. (Reporting By Kanika Sikka in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols