Lowe's quarterly sales rise 2.4 pct
May 21 (Reuters) - Lowe's Cos Inc reported a 2.4 percent rise in quarterly sales after a severe winter in the United States hit traffic to its home improvement stores.
Revenue rose to $13.40 billion in the first quarter ended May 2 from $13.09 billion, a year earlier.
Comparable sales increased 0.9 percent.
The company's net earnings rose to $624 million, or 61 cents per share, from $540 million, or 49 cents per share. (Reporting by Maria Ajit Thomas in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints