UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 21
(Adds futures, company news)
LONDON May 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen steadying on Wednesday, with the June futures contract flat at 0640 GMT. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down by 42.55 points, or 0.6 percent, at 6,802.00 points on Tuesday, pressured by sell-offs in mobile operator Vodafone and retailer Marks & Spencer after disappointing forecasts from both companies.
* Bank of England minutes released on Wednesday will be scrutinised for any evidence of dissent on the decision to keep rates unchanged at this month's meeting.
* Stocks trading ex-dividend, namely Carnival, Compass, HSBC and Intertek will knock up to 5.42 points off the index on Wednesday.
* BURBERRY : The luxury brand met forecasts with an 8 percent rise in annual profit, though it reiterated that if foreign exchange rates remain at current levels there will be a material impact on 2014-15 profit.
* SSE : Britain's second-largest energy supplier reported a 9.6 percent increase in 2014 full-year adjusted pretax profit, rising to a better-than-expected 1.55 billion pounds ($2.61 billion), boosted by a strong performance in its electricity transmission operations.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit topnews.reuters.com ($1 = 0.5935 British Pounds) (Reporting by Tricia Wright; Editing by Francesco Canepa and Alistair Smout)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn