Gold miner Rio Alto to buy Sulliden Gold in C$300 mln deal
May 21 (Reuters) - Rio Alto Mining Ltd said it would buy Sulliden Gold Corp Ltd in a deal valued at about C$300 million ($275 million), creating a gold miner focused on Peru.
The deal value excludes the stake Sulliden shareholders will get in a new company that will hold Sulliden's stake in a East Sullivan prospect in Val-d'Or, Quebec.
Rio Alto will pay 0.525 of one Rio Alto share for each outstanding Sulliden share. The offer values Sulliden at C$1.12 per share, representing a 43 percent premium to the stock's Tuesday close of 78 Canadian cents on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Rio Alto shares closed at C$2.13. ($1 = 1.0898 Canadian Dollars) (Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels