Putin casts doubt on legitimacy of Ukraine vote
SHANGHAI May 21 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday that it will be hard for Russia to build relations with Ukrainian leaders who come to power at a time of growing tension.
Putin's remark to reporters during a visit to China appeared to be aimed at casting doubt on the legitimacy of a presidential election that is to be held on Sunday in Ukraine. (Reporting by Alexei Anishchuk; Writing by Steve Gutterman)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials