Putin casts doubt on legitimacy of Ukraine vote
SHANGHAI May 21 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday that it will be hard for Russia to build relations with Ukrainian leaders who come to power at a time of growing tension.
Putin's remark to reporters during a visit to China appeared to be aimed at casting doubt on the legitimacy of a presidential election that is to be held on Sunday in Ukraine. (Reporting by Alexei Anishchuk; Writing by Steve Gutterman)
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- Libyan raids could herald bolder Arab action as U.S. wavers