Aeropostale comparable sales fall 13 pct
May 22 (Reuters) - Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale Inc's comparable sales fell 13 percent, hurt by lower mall-traffic and intense competition.
The company's shares fell 12 percent in extended trading.
Net sales declined about 12 percent to $395.9 million for the first quarter ended May 3.
The company's net loss widened to $76.8 million, or 98 cents per share, from $12.2 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
(Reporting by Shailaja Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |