Aeropostale comparable sales fall 13 pct
May 22 (Reuters) - Struggling teen apparel retailer Aeropostale Inc's comparable sales fell 13 percent, hurt by lower mall-traffic and intense competition.
The company's shares fell 12 percent in extended trading.
Net sales declined about 12 percent to $395.9 million for the first quarter ended May 3.
The company's net loss widened to $76.8 million, or 98 cents per share, from $12.2 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
(Reporting by Shailaja Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food