Brazil's jobless rate drops to 4.9 pct in April
BRASILIA May 22 (Reuters) - Brazil's non-seasonally-adjusted jobless rate dropped unexpectedly in April to 4.9 percent, from 5.0 percent in March, government statistics agency IBGE said on Thursday.
The number was below the median forecast of 5.2 percent in a poll of 29 economists. In April 2013, Brazil's jobless rate stood at 5.8 percent. (Reporting by Rodrigo Viga Gaier; Writing by Silvio Cascione Editing by W Simon)
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- FBI, Secret Service investigate reports of cyber attacks on U.S. banks
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- U.S. National Security Council aware of reports that second American killed in Syria