Commerzbank close to selling Japan property loan package -source
FRANKFURT May 22 (Reuters) - Commerzbank is close to selling a 700 million euro ($957 million) portfolio of commercial property loans in Japan, a source familiar with the transaction told Reuters on Thursday.
Germany's second biggest lender has been working to cut its commercial real estate portfolio as part of efforts to slash its balance sheet and strengthen its financial footing.
Handelsblatt newspaper on Thursday also reported a deal on the Japanese property loans was close to being struck, citing financial sources.
Last year it struck a deal to sell a 5 billion euro property loan package in the United Kingdom and it is currently in the final stretch of selling up to 3.9 billion euros in Spanish property loans to U.S. investors. [ID: nL6N0O61U2] ($1 = 0.7318 Euros) (Reporting by Alexander Huebner, Philipp Halstrick, writing by Jonathan Gould; Editing by Kirsti Knolle)
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Islamic State militants behead captive Lebanese soldier: video
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic