McDonald's shareholders approve chain's executive compensation
May 22 (Reuters) - McDonald's Corp shareholders on Thursday overwhelmingly voted in favor of an advisory measure on executive pay at the fast-food chain, where Chief Executive Officer Don Thompson took home total compensation of $9.5 million in 2013.
Nearly 94 percent of shares voted for the measure, the company said at its annual meeting in Oak Brook, Illinois. (Reporting by Lisa Baertlein in Los Angeles; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran