NZ's Metlifecare up strongly on raised profit forecast
WELLINGTON May 23 (Reuters) - New Zealand rest home operator Metlifecare Ltd rose to a six month high in early trade on Friday after raising its earnings forecast.
The stock was up 5.7 percent or 24 cents to NZ$4.42, the highest since late November last year, in a softer broad market.
Earlier the company said it expected underlying profit for the year to June 30 of between NZ$43 million-NZ$46 million ($36.9 million-$39.4 million) from a previous NZ$34 million to NZ$38 million forecast. (Gyles Beckford)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |