Toshiba aims to boost annual sales by 1 trln yen in 3 years
TOKYO May 22 (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp said on Thursday it aimed to boost annual sales by 1 trillion yen ($9.85 billion) to 7.5 trillion yen by the financial year ending in March 2017 as it increases sales to business customers and boosts revenues outside Japan.
Toshiba, a leading supplier of flash memory chips used in smartphones and tablet computers, also said in its latest multi-year business plan that it aims to earn 450 billion yen in operating profit and 200 billion yen in net profit in the 2016/17 business year.
In the year ended on March 31, it made an operating profit of 290.8 billion yen and net profit of 50.8 billion yen. ($1 = 101.4950 Japanese Yen) (Reporting by Yoshiyasu Shida and Sophie Knight; Writing by Chang-Ran Kim; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- U.S. diplomat travels to West Africa as Ebola quarantine moves take hold |
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking