Euro drops to 3-month low vs dollar after German Ifo
LONDON May 23 (Reuters) - The euro fell to a three-month low against the dollar on Friday after a soft German business sentiment survey added to expectations the European Central Bank would ease policy next month.
The euro fell past support at its 200-day moving average at $1.3637 to hit a three-month low of $1.36265 after the German Ifo survey was released. It was trading at $1.3645 beforehand.
The euro was also down 0.2 percent at 138.65 yen. (Reporting by Anirban Nag, editing by Nigel Stephenson)
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- NATO to create new 'spearhead' force to respond to crises
- Investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB