MYANMAR PRESS-Agri loans of $1 bln to be disbursed this fiscal year - Mirror Daily
State-owned Myanma Economic Bank (MEB) will disburse 983.58 billion kyat ($1.02 billion) agriculture loans this financial year which started on April 1, compared with 1,156.1 billion kyat in the previous year, the state-run Mirror Daily reported.
Myanma Agricultural Development Bank used to handle agricultural loans, but MEB has started issuing such loans since last fiscal, the paper added. Now, MEB is the only government-run bank that issues agri loans.
The annual interest rate for this year's loans will be 5 percent, down from 8.3 percent in the previous year. ----
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. ($1 = 966.0000 Myanmar Kyats) (Yangon Newsroom; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. quarantines 'chilling' Ebola fight in West Africa: MSF
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal
- UPDATE 7-Four dead, five injured after plane crashes at Kansas airport