Rosneft's CEO dismisses report of Exxon leaving Russian JV as "'rumours'
ST PETERSBURG, Russia
ST PETERSBURG, Russia May 23 (Reuters) - Igor Sechin, the head of Russia's top oil producer Rosneft said on Friday that a report of possible exit of the U.S. major ExxonMobil are just rumours.
"It's just rumours," he told reporters at the sidelines of the St Petersburg International Economic Forum about reports in Russian media that ExxonMobil could leave oil producing Sakhalin-1 venture in Russia's Pacific.
Earlier this week, Russian state news agency ITAR TASS quoted a Sakhalin region source as saying Exxon may leave the project and local authorities would buy its stake. (Reporting by Katya Golubkova; writing by Vladimir Soldatkin; Editing by Lidia Kelly)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |