Botched suicide bombing in Nigeria's Jos kills bomber: witness
JOS (Reuters) - A botched suicide bombing that was meant to target an open air viewing of a football match in the central Nigerian city of Jos killed just the bomber, a witness told Reuters.
The bomber approached Jos View Centre while people were watching Real Madrid play Atletico Madrid, but failed to get there before his car exploded, Mohammed Shittu, a local journalist at the scene said.
The attempt followed a bombing in downtown Jos on Tuesday that killed 118 people.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |