World number one Scott wins in playoff at Colonial
(Reuters) - Adam Scott celebrated his first week as world number one in emphatic fashion by winning the Crowne Plaza Invitational in Texas on Sunday.
Last year's Masters champion notched his 24th professional victory, including 11 on the PGA Tour, by beating American Jason Dufner in a playoff at Colonial Country Club in Fort Worth.
Scott sank a seven-foot birdie putt at the third extra hole, the par-four 18th, to become the fourth Australian to win at Colonial, joining Bruce Crampton, Bruce Devlin and Ian Baker-Finch.
Earlier, Dufner and Scott both shot 66 to finish on nine-under-par 271, one shot ahead of American Nicholas Thompson and Swede David Lingmerth.
(Reporting By Andrew Both in Cary, North Carolina; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |