India cbank tightens merger rules for non-bank finance firms
MUMBAI May 26 (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India on Monday tightened merger rules for non-bank finance companies, requiring them to obtain central bank permission to acquire or merge with any similar entity.
Previously, only deposit-taking non-bank finance companies required central bank approval for a takeover or merger, the RBI said. (Reporting by Suvashree Dey Choudhury)
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey