SINGAPORE PRESS-Singapore office rents may rise fastest in the world this yr-Straits Times
A lack of office space could drive up rents at a faster pace in Singapore than anywhere else in the world this year, according to a report from property consultancy JLL, the Straits Times reported.
JLL analysts told the Straits Times that skyrocketing rents here could in turn entice foreign funds, particularly those from the United States, to invest in the sector.
Prime office rents in the Central Business District could climb by as much as 15 percent to 16 percent this year from last year, said JLL's head of research for Singapore and Southeast Asia, Dr Chua Yang Liang.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Anshuman Daga; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |