Apple supplier Hon Hai plans $310 million GDR sale: paper
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Hon Hai Precision, a major supplier of Apple Inc, is set to raise about T$93 billion ($310 million) via selling new shares to foreign investors for its expansion overseas and into Taiwan's developing 4G telecom market, a local paper reported on Monday.
Hon Hai is planning to ask shareholders at its AGM in June for approval of the share sale, with the company planning to sell up to 1 billion new shares via global deposit receipts (GDR), the Economic Daily News said.
Hon Hai shares closed at T$93 on Friday.
Company officials were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Faith Hung; Editing by Michael Perry)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on