Pilgrim's Pride offers to buy Hillshire in $6.4 bln deal
May 27 (Reuters) - Poultry producer Pilgrim's Pride Corp said it offered to buy packaged food company Hillshire Brands Co in a deal valued at $6.4 billion.
The cash offer of $45 per share represents a premium of about 22 percent to Hillshire's Friday closing. (Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’