May 27 The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* France's nuclear group Areva would be interested in Alstom's offshore wind turbine contracts but would use its own turbine technology rather than the engineering group's, a source with direct knowledge of the situation told Reuters.
* Siemens is readying a formal offer for Alstom under which it would transfer its rail activities and less than 7 billion euros ($9.56 billion) in cash to its French rival in exchange for its power assets, sources familiar with the German firm's thinking say.
* Italian designer Roberto Cavalli has approached Gulf investment firm Investcorp as a potential buyer for a stake in his fashion brand, a source at the Gulf investment firm said.
* Morgan Stanley is close to a deal to sell its stake in its TransMontaigne oil transportation-and-storage business, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday, citing sources familiar with the matter.
* Germany's Trimet Aluminium is in talks about purchasing insolvent German aluminium producer Voerde Aluminium, a newspaper said on Monday.
* Upscale department store operator Nordstrom Inc is reaching out to potential buyers for its store-branded credit cards, Bloomberg reported on Friday, citing sources familiar with the matter.
* Australian fashion sales site MySale has acquired Cocosa, a flash sales site, as it prepares to launch in the UK, the Financial Times reported late Monday.
* Global private equity fund Warburg Pincus will purchase as much as a fourth of Indian drug ingredient maker Laurus Labs for $125-150 million, the Economic Times reported, citing three people with direct knowledge of the deal. (link.reuters.com/pux59v)
* Russian investment firm DST Global could pump in between $200 million to $500 million into Indian online retailer Flipkart, the Economic Times reported, citing two people with direct knowledge of the negotiations. (link.reuters.com/xux59v)
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on ($1 = 0.7325 Euros) (Compiled by Aastha Agnihotri in Bangalore)