SINGAPORE PRESS-Demand up for private rental homes - Straits Times
Demand for private rental homes rose in the first quarter and could grow further as the economy improves, but the glut of vacant properties means rents will likely weaken or stay flat.
A report from Savills consultancy noted that there were 13,077 leases signed in the three months to March 31, up 4 percent on the same period last year.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Singapore Newsroom; Editing by Anand Basu)
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note