Apple to buy Beats for about $3 bln
May 28 (Reuters) - Apple Inc said it would buy headphone maker Beats Electronics and streaming music provider Beats Music for about $3 billion.
Beats co-founders Jimmy Iovine and rapper Dr. Dre will join Apple as part of the acquisition.
The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter, Apple said on Wednesday. (Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset