Apple to buy Beats for about $3 bln
May 28 (Reuters) - Apple Inc said it would buy headphone maker Beats Electronics and streaming music provider Beats Music for about $3 billion.
Beats co-founders Jimmy Iovine and rapper Dr. Dre will join Apple as part of the acquisition.
The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter, Apple said on Wednesday. (Reporting by Avik Das in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine