BOJ Kuroda: Balance of flexibility, commitment key in forward guidance
TOKYO May 28 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Haruhiko Kuroda said on Wednesday that striking a balance between the strength of commitment and future policy flexibility is a critical issue in debating the feasibility of forward guidance.
"Expectation management through communication with the market is critical to guiding the economy toward a recovery," he said in a seminar hosted by the central bank in Tokyo. (Reporting by Leika Kihara and Stanley White; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- U.S.-Israeli tensions rise as hostilities in Gaza subside |
- Hague court to order Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case: paper
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police