Toll Brothers quarterly profit more than doubles
May 28 (Reuters) - Toll Brothers Inc, the largest U.S. luxury homebuilder, said quarterly profit more than doubled as it sold more homes at higher prices.
The company's net income rose to $65.2 million, or 35 cents per share, in the second quarter from $24.7 million, or 14 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 66.7 percent to $860.4 million in the three months ended April 30 - a period well into the spring selling season, which is to homebuilders what the holiday shopping season is to retailers. (Reporting By Sagarika Jaisinghani and Aurindom Mukherjee in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine
- Guilt may spoil restorative effects of entertainment
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |