Goldman has cut bond trading staff by 10 percent since 2010: COO
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc has cut fixed-income trading staff by 10 percent since 2010 to reduce costs, President and Chief Operating Officer Gary Cohn said on Wednesday.
Cohn echoed recent comments from executives at other banks that markets remain weak this quarter, with low volatility and declining trading volumes.
(Reporting by Lauren Tara LaCapra, Editing by Franklin Paul)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad