Goldman has cut bond trading staff by 10 percent since 2010: COO
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc has cut fixed-income trading staff by 10 percent since 2010 to reduce costs, President and Chief Operating Officer Gary Cohn said on Wednesday.
Cohn echoed recent comments from executives at other banks that markets remain weak this quarter, with low volatility and declining trading volumes.
(Reporting by Lauren Tara LaCapra, Editing by Franklin Paul)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM