Four dead in suspected California murder-suicide
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The bodies of four people were found at a home in suburban Southern California on Tuesday in a suspected murder-suicide, law enforcement officials said.
The bodies of two men and two women were found at the large, two-story home in Mission Viejo, some 50 miles southeast of Los Angeles, Orange County Sheriff's spokesman Jeffrey Hallock said.
The sheriff's office said in a Twitter feed that investigators believed the four deaths resulted from an apparent murder-suicide.
The identities of the four were being withheld pending a coroner's investigation, it said.
Hallock said detectives "do not believe there is a threat to the public."
Authorities did not release the age of the men and women, the cause of death or their relationship to each other.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two dead, including gunman, in shooting at Washington high school: police
- U.S. officials considering quarantines for returning healthcare workers |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order