Chipmaker Avago's revenue jumps 25 pct
May 29 (Reuters) - Analog chipmaker Avago Technologies Ltd reported a 25 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by higher demand for its radio frequency chips used in smartphones.
The company's net income increased to $158 million, or 61 cents per share, in the second quarter from $113 million, or 45 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $701 million from $562 million.
(Reporting By Lehar Maan in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |