CORRECTED-Popolare Vicenza says plans takeover bid on Banca Etruria
(Corrects to replace Wednesday with Tuesday in second paragraph)
MILAN May 29 (Reuters) - Italian mid-sized lender Banca Popolare di Vicenza said on Thursday it was ready to launch a takeover bid on smaller rival Banca Etruria.
The offer would be in cash, at a price of 1 euro per share, with a premium of 25.8 percent on Tuesday's closing for Banca Etruria shares, the lender said in a statement.
Banca Popolare di Vicenza had entered into exclusive merger talks with Banca Etruria last month. (Reporting by Francesca Landini and Gianluca Semeraro; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid in cabin wall, suitcases of cash at hand