CORRECTED-Popolare Vicenza says plans takeover bid on Banca Etruria
(Corrects to replace Wednesday with Tuesday in second paragraph)
MILAN May 29 (Reuters) - Italian mid-sized lender Banca Popolare di Vicenza said on Thursday it was ready to launch a takeover bid on smaller rival Banca Etruria.
The offer would be in cash, at a price of 1 euro per share, with a premium of 25.8 percent on Tuesday's closing for Banca Etruria shares, the lender said in a statement.
Banca Popolare di Vicenza had entered into exclusive merger talks with Banca Etruria last month. (Reporting by Francesca Landini and Gianluca Semeraro; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling