Costco quarterly revenue rises on higher U.S. sales
May 28 (Reuters) - Warehouse club operator Costco Wholesale Corp reported a 7 percent rise in quarterly sales, helped by higher comparable sales in the United States.
Net sales at the largest U.S. warehouse operator rose to $25.23 billion from $23.55 a year earlier.
Net income rose to $473 million, or $1.07 per share, for the third quarter ended May 11, from $459 million, or $1.04 per share, a year earlier. (Reporting by Arnab Sen and Shailaja Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia