UK fund Polygon acquires 5.62 pct stake in Club Med -AMF
PARIS May 30 (Reuters) - British fund Polygon Global Partners LLP has acquired a 5.62 percent stake in French tourism group Club Mediterranee, French regulator AMF said in a statement on Friday.
Gaillon Invest, the investment vehicle of French fund Ardian and Chinese group Fosun, has made a takeover offer for Club Med. The AMF has given Italian businessman Andrea Bonomi until the end of June to launch a counter bid. (Reporting by Geert De Clercq; editing by Jane Baird)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling