Conveyor belt-maker Fenner warns on full-year profit
May 30 (Reuters) - Fenner Plc, a maker of conveyor belts for the mining industry, warned it might miss market expectations for full-year profit due to weakness in the U.S. coal sector and its failure to clinch an Australian iron ore contract.
Fenner, which has been hit by a slowdown in the global mining industry, said underlying pretax profit would be 10 to 15 percent lower than Bloomberg's current market estimate of 77.6 million pounds ($129.72 million). ($1 = 0.5982 British pounds) (Reporting by Richa Naidu in Bangalore; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Obama tells Central American leaders most children will go home
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash