(Adds Qingdao Port International)
May 30 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
* Swift Worldwide Resources, a firm that staffs big global energy projects with mainly engineers, expects to go public or be acquired within the next five years, the company's CEO told Reuters on Thursday.
* Chinese port services firm Qingdao Port International Co and its controlling shareholder raised a combined HK$2.92 billion ($377 million) in a rare fixed-price initial public offering of shares, sources with direct knowledge of the deal said on Friday.
* Former Microsoft Corp Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer won the bidding war for the NBA's Los Angeles Clippers franchise with a $2 billion offer, a record for a professional basketball team, a source with knowledge of the bidding said on Thursday.
* GlaxoSmithKline has invited private equity firms to consider making offers for a range of its older drugs sold in Western markets, according to three people with direct knowledge of the matter.
* Germany's Deutsche Telekom AG is willing to keep a minority stake in a deal to sell T-Mobile US Inc to Japan's Softbank Corp, but other details such as price and financing remain to be worked out, according to sources familiar with the situation.
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on ($1 = 7.7532 Hong Kong Dollars) (Compiled by Aastha Agnihotri in Bangalore)