U.S. FTC allows Men's Wearhouse-Jos. A. Bank tieup to proceed
WASHINGTON May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. antitrust officials on Friday said they had closed their investigation into the proposed merger of men's clothing retailers Men's Wearhouse and Jos. A. Bank, a move that will allow the deal to move ahead.
Officials from the Federal Trade Commission, in a blog post, said "significant competition" in the sector, including brick-and-mortar stores as well as online sellers, meant the transaction was not likely to harm consumers. (Reporting by Ros Krasny and Diane Bartz; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Defeated nationalist leader says Scots 'tricked' out of independence
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Kurds issue new call to arms against Islamic State in Syria |