Element close to buying PHH's fleet leasing unit -source
NEW YORK May 30 (Reuters) - Canadian equipment finance company Element Financial Corp is close to a deal to buy PHH Corp's auto fleet leasing business for about $1.35 billion in cash, according to a source familiar with the matter on Friday.
The boards of the two companies are expected to meet this weekend to approve the transaction, the terms of which are being finalized, the source said. A deal for the unit, PHH Arval, could be announced as soon as Monday, the source said.
PHH and Element could not immediately be reached for comment.
(Reporting By Paritosh Bansal)
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin 3-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000