Element close to buying PHH's fleet leasing unit -source
NEW YORK May 30 (Reuters) - Canadian equipment finance company Element Financial Corp is close to a deal to buy PHH Corp's auto fleet leasing business for about $1.35 billion in cash, according to a source familiar with the matter on Friday.
The boards of the two companies are expected to meet this weekend to approve the transaction, the terms of which are being finalized, the source said. A deal for the unit, PHH Arval, could be announced as soon as Monday, the source said.
PHH and Element could not immediately be reached for comment.
(Reporting By Paritosh Bansal)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.