PHILIPPINES PRESS-Cbank backs bill easing entry of foreign banks - Star
A bill seeking to ease the entry of foreign banks in the country will strengthen local lenders through heightened competition and will allow the Philippine banking system to integrate with regional peers, a senior Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas official said, according to The Philippine Star.
NOTE: Reuters has not verified this story and does not vouch for its accuracy. (Compiled by Manila newsroom; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey