Shire considering bid for NPS Pharmaceuticals - FT
LONDON May 30 (Reuters) - London-listed drugmaker Shire is considering a bid for New Jersey-based NPS Pharmaceuticals, FT Alphaville reported on Friday citing sources.
Shire has been working with advisers and held internal discussions about a potential cash offer for NPS, a rare disease specialist, valuing the business at just over $4 billion, the Financial Times blog said.
Shares in Nasdaq-listed NPS were trading 15.5 percent higher at 1500 GMT giving the company a market capitalisation of $2.92 billion. Shares in Shire were trading down 1.4 percent.
(Reporting By Anjuli Davies, editing by Steve Slater)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |