Marathon granted variance to bring temporary cooling towers to plant
June 2 (Reuters) - Louisiana's Department of Environmental Quality said it granted Marathon Petroleum Corp a variance to bring temporary cooling towers to its Garyville refinery, the third largest in the nation.
The timeline of installing the towers will be up to Marathon, said Jean Kelly, a spokeswoman for the Louisiana DEQ.
A cooling tower at the Garyville plant was damaged in a storm last week. (Reporting by Jessica Resnick-Ault; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident