Spain's Telefonica closes acquisition of Prisa's pay-TV arm
MADRID, June 2
MADRID, June 2 (Reuters) - Spanish telecoms group Telefonica on Monday said it had closed the acquisition of Distribuidora de Television Digital, also known as Canal+, a unit of media group Prisa.
Telefonica, which already owned 22 percent of Canal+, previously named Digital+, said in a notice to Spain's stock market regulator it had bought the 56 percent stake owned by Prisa for 750 million euros ($1.02 billion).
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet