Russia to submit U.N. draft resolution on Ukraine
MOSCOW, June 2
MOSCOW, June 2 (Reuters) - Russia will submit a draft resolution to the U.N. Security Council on Monday calling for an immediate end to violence in Ukraine and the creation of humanitarian corridors in the east of the country, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
Lavrov told a news conference that Western nations had assured Russia the situation in Ukraine would improve after a May 25 presidential election but that "everything is happening in exactly the opposite way".
(Writing by Steve Gutterman, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria