Hudson's Bay sales more than double on Saks acquisition
TORONTO, June 3
TORONTO, June 3 (Reuters) - Hudson's Bay Co on Tuesday reported sales more than doubled during the first quarter, bolstered by its inclusion of Saks, which it acquired for $2.4 billion last year.
The company reported net earnings of C$176 million ($161.55 million), or earnings per share of 97 Canadian cents for the first quarter ended May 3, 2014. Last year, it recorded a net loss of C$82 million, or 68 Canadian cents for the same period.
Retail sales were C$1.86 billion, up from C$884 million.
($1 = 1.0895 Canadian Dollars) (Reporting by Solarina Ho, Editing by Franklin Paul)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings