Hillshire agrees to talks with bidders Tyson, Pilgrim's Pride
June 3 (Reuters) - Hillshire Brands Co said it would "provide information" to bidders Pilgrim's Pride Corp and Tyson Foods Inc and conduct talks with both parties.
Tyson Foods and Pilgrim's Pride made separate offers last week to buy Hillshire, the maker of Jimmy Dean and Hillshire sausages. (Reporting by Devika Krishna Kumar in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies