Stora says Uruguay pulp mill permit expected this week
HELSINKI, June 3
HELSINKI, June 3 (Reuters) - A Finnish pulp and paper maker Stora Enso executive said the pulp mill it has built in Uruguay with Arauco is ready to start and should receive its final permit this week.
The long-delayed mill is a 50-50 joint venture of Stora Enso and Arauco, an arm of Chilean industrial conglomerate Empresas Copec.
"It should start literally any minute. We expect most likely this week to have the permit from the environment authority," Juan Bueno, the head of Stora's pulp division, said in a speech at an industry conference on Tuesday. (Reporting by Jussi Rosendahl; writing by Sakari Suoninen; editing by Jane Baird)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset