UPDATE 1-Tibco Software estimates disappointing quarter, shares fall
* Expects 2nd-qtr adj profit/share $0.12-$0.13 vs est $0.21
* Expects revenue $250-$252 mln vs est $267.5 mln
* Says Spotfire sales were less than anticipated
* Shares fall about 15 pct after the bell (Adds share movement, customers)
June 3 (Reuters) - Tibco Software Inc estimated a much lower-than-expected profit for the second quarter, hurt by disappointing sales of its software, Spotfire.
The business software maker's shares fell about 15 percent in after-hours trading.
Tibco, whose customers include Delta Air Lines Inc, FedEx Corp and Merck & Co Inc, estimated adjusted earnings of 12-13 cents per share for the quarter ended June 1.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 21 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company said it expects revenue of $250-$252 million, below the average analyst estimate of $267.5 million.
Tibco in March forecast adjusted earnings of 20-22 cents per share on revenue of $263-$271 million.
The company will report results for the quarter on June 19.
Tibco's shares were at $17.75 in extended trading after closing at $20.79 on the Nasdaq on Tuesday. (Reporting By Sampad Patnaik in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian and Maju Samuel)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change