Internet service returns to Egypt after cable fire: official
CAIRO (Reuters) - Full internet service returned to Egypt on Tuesday after a fire at a telecommunications cable caused disruptions throughout parts of the country, said the head of Egypt's Telecommunication's Regulatory Authority.
"Internet service has returned by 100 percent," Hesham El-Alaili, told Reuters.
(Reporting by Ehab Farouk and Asma Alsharif)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia