U.S. House panel to hold hearing on AT&T deal for DirecTV
WASHINGTON, June 4
WASHINGTON, June 4 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on June 24 to discuss AT&T's proposed deal to buy DirecTV, the panel said on Wednesday.
The $48.5 billion deal would combine the second-largest U.S. wireless carrier with the No. 1 satellite TV provider.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad