Medical device maker HeartWare gets FDA warning letter
June 4 (Reuters) - HeartWare International Inc said it received a warning letter from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration following an inspection of its manufacturing plant in Florida in January.
The FDA has not restricted the use of HeartWare devices, the company said in a statement.
HeartWare makes miniature implantable heart pumps to treat patients suffering from advanced heart failure. (Reporting by Natalie Grover in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials