CORRECTED-HSBC names Haythorne, Liu as co-heads of AsiaPac banking
(Corrects day to Wednesday in 1st paragraph, fixes references to family name of Che Ning Liu)
HONG KONG, June 4 (Reuters) - HSBC Holdings Plc named on Wednesday Martin Haythorne and Che Ning Liu as co-heads of banking for Asia Pacific, according to an internal memo seen by Reuters.
Haythorne and Liu will take over formally on Sept. 1 the role of Russell Julius, who is transferring to London.
The two executives will report to Robin Phillips, global head of banking, and Gordon French, head of global banking and markets in Asia Pacific, the memo said. An HSBC spokesman in Hong Kong confirmed the moves.
(Reporting by Lawrence White; Writing by Elzio Barreto; Editing by Miral Fahmy)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years